Social media has become ingrained into every part of our lives. We like, share and check-in everywhere. It’s now being employed as a handy tool for ecommerce marketing
The 9 Main Reasons
1) Crucial Numbers
- 92% of business owners agree that social media is important for their business. It offers exposure to an easily accessible audience.
- World wide there are over 920 million active social media users. This is across the platforms of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and the like.
- By the end of this year this number is expected to reach 2.6 Billion!
2) Clever Targeting
Social Media has adapted to cater to advertising and marketing. It enables you to target ads at your preferred demographic. This is exponentially easier than appealing to the masses and hoping it reaches your target.
- In fact, 95.8% of business said Facebook produced the best ROI.
Users of social media are willing to put a staggering amount of personal information online. This makes it the easiest platform to personalise ads to a specific demographic.
- 61% of customers are more likely to buy if the company delivers quality content.
- 73% Will give personal information in return for relevant content.
4) Maintaining Relationships
Social media enables you to be more personable with your customers. You can write informal appealing content as well as share other relevant content. The average user spends 1 hour 40 minutes scrolling through their timeline.
It’s likely that they’ll find the content that appeals to them and revisit.
5) Brand Awareness
Social media has made it extremely accessible to share information. This is beneficial for your brand awareness as existing customers can share and tag you in posts for their friends to see.
- 26% of global internet users watch branded videos.
- Videos generate 40% more traffic to sites.
6) Customer Support
Social media has brought the age of instant messaging into the mainstream. Customers now expect almost instant replies. The time of waiting days for an email or letter has past.
- 67% of consumers turn to social media for customer support.
7) Cost Efficiency
Social networks are, in essence, a completely free platform. There are added extras such as ‘boosted posts’ which cost. But this cost is miniscule in comparison to traditional advertising methods.
- These miniscule costs add up to a staggering average of around £25.14 Billion annual revenue across the platforms!
8) Higher Ranking
Social media can positively affect your SEO ranking in quite a large way. Generating leads from social media link clicks can see you climb the ranks.
- 40 Is the optimal character number to entice people through your media posts.
9) More Conversations
Social Media is encouraging more conversations between marketers and customers. The channels offered are a much easier form of communication than the standard ‘[email protected]’ email.
- 1 in 10 online purchases comes through social media.
- 78% of consumers say social media has directly influenced their decision to purchase a product.
Long Story, Short…
Social media can be used as a gateway to an extensive audience. One which can be categorised and targeted with relevant content. It’s features are growing more to accommodate ecommerce pages every year. So, if you aren’t already on it, Why not?
Let us know in the comments section below how you use social media as either a consumer or marketer!
Share Our Infographic
You’re welcome to share this infograph on your own websites. All we ask is that you provide a credit by linking back to this page. Click the infograph for a high quality .png.
Who Are Web Design Review?
Our team at Web Design Review research and evaluate web design companies from across the UK. This saves you the time, effort and money doing the research yourself. We have also developed a handy tool so that you can fill in one enquiry form. Thisis then forwarded to the 10 companies we’ve ranked as the best in the country.
Click on the below banner to provide your feedback about this post or any other aspect of our website. You will automatically be entered into our monthly prize draw and have a chance of winning a £100 Tesco gift card, or £100 cash alternative.
WANT TO WIN £100?
Complete Our Short Survey