Online shopping: as a consumer it really is a love/hate relationship!
While yes, the ability to shop without stepping a foot outside of your home is convenient and the prices can be second-to-none, it’s hard to deny the many downsides that crawling the world-wide webs retailers, can bring.
Even if you’re the savviest of shoppers, we’ve all probably learnt by now that expectations don’t always meet reality.
It’s quarter to twelve at night and you’re laid in bed exploring the wish app, and oh hello what’s this? A seemingly lovely dress for just £3 – straight into the cart! And so, you wait a whole month for Hong Kong’s equivalent to H&M’s finest to show up in the post.
You eagerly rip it apart from its plastic packaging and…and it’s 5 sizes too small?! Relatable?
The Most Regrettable Purchases From fooled online shoppers:
We have compiled a list of some shocking, yet hilarious times when online shopping proved that sometimes, it’s best to brave the cold and visit the high street after all.
1. Beauty products these days
2. Top Tip: Always check the measurements
3. Some things are just too good to be true
4. A lovely family blanket from Wish…
5. Ebays Equivalent to 50 Shades of Grey
6. Ebays Best Fashion
7. ‘Picture to scale’ should have been believed
8. T-shirt online vs reality
9. Unrealistic dog bed from Amazon
10. This F**king mug!
11. The worst online dress fail
12. Puggin awesome tapestry
13. Questionable tank top from Amazon
14. When a thoughtful gift goes terrifyingly wrong – Boyfriend pillow with unexpected print
15. Dinosaur pillowcase with child included
16. Trendy New ‘Yeezys’
17. Slender-Man Teddy Bear
18. EBay Halloween costume – Not quite as advertised
19. Unfortunate necklace error
20. ‘Lion costume’
That’s all folks, remember to stay suspicious online! If you manage to fall victim to any similar shopping scams, remember to share it with us so we can have a good laugh 😀
Click on the below banner to provide your feedback about this post or any other aspect of our website. You will automatically be entered into our monthly prize draw and have a chance of winning a £100 Tesco gift card, or £100 cash alternative.
WANT TO WIN £100?
Complete Our Short Survey